It’s Monday again and that means it’s muffin time! This is only my second week doing this but I’m really enjoying having fresh out of the oven muffins for breakfast each week. The wonderful thing about muffins is that they take hardly any time at all to prepare which makes them the perfect quick homemade breakfast. I made these muffins yesterday and the entire process was so quick that half an hour later Maddy and I were munching away on still warm muffins. It doesn’t get any better than that. I even gave my mother-in-law a call and told her to pass by on her way to work for a few fresh muffins to go.
This week’s recipe is a jam-filled muffin that was so divine. You can use whatever flavor jam you like. I went with an apricot preserve because that’s what I had on hand. The batter has lemon zest in it which is such a fresh compliment. I also added a little yogurt to the batter which yields such a moist, flavorful muffin. These were definitely a hit, quick to make and will certainly be made again in the future.
Jam-Filled Muffins Adapted from AllRecipes.com
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup of butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
1/2 cup of jam (I used apricot preserves)
– Preheat the oven to 400F.
– In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
– In another bowl, lightly beat eggs, yogurt, milk, cooled butter and lemon zest.
– Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and the stir until just moistened. Don’t overmix.
– Spoon a little batter into each muffin tin, make a well, add a bit of jam, spoon the remaining batter on top of each muffin.
– Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.