Oh yes! TRIPLE chocolate!! When I opened the email from Anuradha declaring this week’s muffin to be triple chocolate muffins, I was immediately on board. Come on, triple chocolate…what’s not to like? For my spin I looked to see what I had on hand that could make these sinfully decadent muffins even better than they already sounded.
I happened to have a little bit of sweetened coconut and some pecans. My favorite kind of cake is German chocolate cake so this muffins definitely reminds me of that cake. The pecans add a great texture and nuttiness to these rich, chocolatey muffins while the coconut adds just the right touch and lends a little tropical flavor. Sink your teeth into these muffins and taste how the melted chocolate chips combine with the pecans and coconut for the perfect bite. But be warned, you may not be able to stop eating them. Truly, they’re that kind of muffin. Happy Monday!
See this and other delicious chocolate recipes HERE. It’s a blog hop!
Coconut Pecan Triple Chocolate Muffins Adapted from Bake At 350
1 stick salted butter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons white vinegar
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
– Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
– In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and vinegar. Stir in the cooled, melted butter.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until it’s all moistened.
– Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until full.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire rack in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove muffins to cool completely.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.