Happy Monday! This week we have a big burst of bright flavors. I have for you a strawberry lemon yogurt muffin. It’s full of juicy, red strawberries, lemon yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest! You might think all that lemon would overpower the strawberries but it doesn’t. The two are a great combination and the lemon really enhances the sweetness of the strawberries. I had actually never had strawberries in a muffin before. I actually had contemplated using a different fruit all together. I’m so glad I didn’t change that part of this recipe!
As always, my favorite thing about muffins are that they come together in a snap and 20 minutes later you have a wonderful treat. These muffins are the perfect way to start any morning. They are just happy little muffins that will delight your taste buds.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins Adapted from Taste of Home
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs lightly beaten
6 ounces lemon yogurt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
– In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking soda.
– In a large bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, cooled butter and vanilla extract.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the strawberries.
– Fill the prepared muffins cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Move muffins to a rack to cool completely.